Lesson plans were developed and field tested by general and special education classroom teachers. Elementary, middle, and high school plans focus on core component areas of self-determination and are linked to corresponding Virginia Standards of Learning for all grade levels.
- Self-Regulation: You Can't Make Me
- Self-Instruction: Listen to Yourself
- Self-Efficacy: Morning Greeting
- Self-Awareness: Pieced Together with Pride
- Self-Advocacy: Pat on the Back
- Web Graphic Organizer
- Choice Making: Torn to Pieces
- Problem Solving: Should I Stay or Run Away?
- Problem Solving: Spider
- Problem Solving: Raft
- Goal Setting: Farming for Goals
- Decision Making: Should I do it?
- Decision Making: Choose Your Side
- Self-Regulation: My Job is School
- Self Instruction: Listen to Yourself
- Self Regulation: I am in Control
- Self-Efficacy: They Did Not Give Up
- Self-Awareness: This is Me
- Self-Awareness: I Know Me
- Self-Awareness: How do I Learn Best?
- Self-Awareness: Good Things to Say
- Self-Awareness: Get to Know Me
- Self-Advocacy: Take the Lead
- Self-Advocacy: It's My Right
- Self-Advocacy: I am in Charge
- Self-Advocacy: Dream
- Self-Advocacy: Don't Exclude Me
- Problem Solving: Problems We Face
- Problem Solving: If Only
- Internal Locus of Control: Who Controls what Happens to Me?
- Internal Locus of Control: Who Will Help Me?
- Internal Locus of Control: Gathering Expert Information
- Choice Making: You Have a Choice to Make
- Choice Making: Show me the Money
- Goal Setting and Attainment: Making the Goal
- Goal Setting and Attainment: In Control of my Goal
- Goal Setting and Attainment: Go After Your Goal
- Goal Setting and Attainment: STRONG
- Decision Making: It's Up to Me
- Decision Making: How Will I Decide my Life's Work?
- Decision Making: Deciding my Dreams
- Decision Making: Be Ready to Pay the Price
- Self-Efficacy: Anything is Possible
- Self Regulation: You Can't Make Me (Poster of Emotions)
- Self Instruction: Listen to Yourself (Problem Busters Worksheet)
- Internal Locus of Control: Class Participation Rubric
- Self Determination Core Components
- Literature Circles
- Class Discussion Rubric
- Decision Making: If Only! (Story Board Graphic Organizer)
A listing of literature promoting self-determination and featuring individuals with disabilities and differences is presented in Excel format. Targeted audiences are K-12 with varying reading levels.