The 2017 Youth and Parent Summit Application will soon be available. We would love to have you attend this year's summit! If this is your first time applying, please know that the application process is extremely competitive. Just as if you were applying for a job, it's always good to show that you know what you are applying for and have a well-prepared application. Also, one of the application requirements is that you provide the email address for a reference. Please make sure you have thought about who you will use for your reference, and ask him/her if they would be willing to be a reference for the summit.
Here are some questions to guide your thinking in preparation for submitting your application:
- What do I know about I'm Determined?
- Am I familiar with the tools, and are my tools up-to-date? The tools are the One-Pager, Good Day Plan, and Goal Setting tool.
- How have I shown self-determination skills this year at home? at school? in my community?
- What goals do I have for this year, and what I have I already accomplished?
- Who is in my network of support, and how do they help me experience success?
- Why should I be accepted to come to the Youth Summit?